The 2nd Term (Dec’19–May’20) will commence from 1st December, 2019. Parents desirous of applying for Mid-Term Admission, i.e. fresh admission from the 2nd Term (Dec’19–May’20) of the current scholastic year may approach the school office between 10.30am to 12.30 pm (Monday to Friday).
Birth Date Range for Mid-Term Admissions
|HEADSTART||Children born between 01-06-2016 to 31-05-2017|
|Nursery||Children born between 01-06-2015 to 31-05-2016|
|Jr. K.G.||Children born between 01-06-2014 to 31-05-2015|
Other Admission Requirements
In order to be admitted to the Kindergarten Program at Thumbelina, we do expect the child to be:
- toilet-trained; and
- capable of expressing himself/herself in English, Gujarati or Hindi.
Furthermore, the child must not be suffering from any mental or physical disabilities/impairments.
Note that admission is granted on a first-come-first-served basis, and the School management reserves the right to reject any application without the responsibility of assigning any reasons for its action.
How to Apply
- Purchase the admission papers, comprising of the “Admission Form”and the “General Information Sheet” from the School office for Rs.100/-.
- Read the General Information Sheet carefully and thoroughly.
- Complete the Admission Form, clearly stating your child’s food/medicinal allergies, habits and/or health disorders, if any.
- Sign the Admission Form. Note that by signing the admission form, you are promising and agreeing to abide by all the School’s procedures, rules and regulations as mentioned in the General Information Sheet.
- Staple a photocopy of your child’s birth certificate behind the completed Admission Form.
- Bring the Admission Form, photocopied birth certificate, and the original birth certificate to the admission-cum-interview. The child must be accompanied by both parents.
- Should your child be admitted, 2nd term fees of Rs. 25,000/– are required to be paid by CHEQUE only in favour of “Thumbelina Nursery & K.G. School”. Admission is deemed to have been granted only upon payment of fees.
|Particulars||Mid-Term Fees for
(Dec’19 – May’20)
|1st Term Fees for
(Jun’20 – Nov’20)
The above-mentioned fees are all inclusive EXCEPT for the cost of books, bag, school uniform and transportation charges. Should you desire to continue your child’s education at Thumbelina in the next scholastic year (i.e. 2020-21), then, the 1st Term Fees (stated above) are required to be paid before 31st March, 2020 failing which, a late fee of Rs. 500/- will be charged.
Fee Refund Regulations
If for any reason(s) whatsoever, after and payment of fees, parents desire to cancel the admission, they shall be eligible for a partial refund as per the appropriate amount specified in the table below.
|If the written intimation for cancellation and refund of 2nd Term Fee of 2019-20 is made||2nd Term Fee Refund Amount (Rs.)||If the written intimation for cancellation and refund of 1st Term Fee of 2020-21 is made||1st Term Fee Refund Amount (Rs.)|
|On or before 31-10-2019||13,000/-||On or before 31-03-2020||13,000/-|
|Before the 2nd Term commences||10,000/-||Before school reopening date||10,000/-|
|After commencement of 2nd Term||NIL||After school has reopened||NIL|
Note that in the event of cancellation of admission, fees paid are non-transferable in favour of any other student’s admission. Therefore, parents who have a transferable job or are likely to get relocated for any reason whatsoever, are advised and requested to seek admission to the school and pay the fees only after such uncertainties have been dealt with.
The School management reserves the right to refuse a student’s continuation if certain health disorders arise after admission. In such a situation, you may be eligible for a refund, as specified in the “Allergies, Habits & Health Disorders” section of the General Information Sheet.