At Thumbelina “Child Safety & Hygiene” have always been our PRIME concern. Any repair/renovation/maintenance work on the school premises is either carried out after school hours or during the vacation period.
Health and Hygiene Initiatives
- In addition to a key person in the management being certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association, USA, the school has a well-stocked First-Aid Box as well as access to a family doctor and a surgeon within 100 meters of the school to handle any emergency.
- The school’s underground and overhead water-tanks are cleaned every 3 months.
- The school gets Municipal water supply which is further purified by AQUA-GUARD water purifiers which are maintained under an annual service maintenance contract with Eureka Forbes Ltd.
- The school’s water-cooler which provides drinking water to children, is cleaned every week.
- In addition to the regular daily sweeping and swabbing, all classrooms are washed and cleaned every month. Over and above this, mosquito repellants are installed in every classroom and all other rooms of the school.
- The school’s bathrooms are cleaned every hour during school hours.
- Special Care is taken of children who have food restrictions due to religious or health reasons. The school also keeps track of any medicinal allergies that the child may be suffering from.
- Children are made to wash their hands with soap before (and after) having snacks.
General Safety Initiatives
- A high boundary wall with 24-Hour Security.
- The entire school campus is under 24/7 CCTV surveillance and equipped with high-quality cameras.
- Fully operational Fire-safety equipment installed on school premises. Every teacher and staff member is trained to operate the Fire Safety System.
- Entire school’s electrification is done using the highest quality wires. Enhanced protection is provided through installation on MCB switches. Further, all electrical switches in the entire school are at a height of minimum 5 feet to ensure no accidental contact by children.
- All children are handed over by the class-teacher to the parent/Van-walla. In case of anyone else other than the regular person coming to pick the child has come to take the child after school, the child is not handed over until the school personally calls up the parent and confirms.
- Presence of the school’s staff at the school gates when the school leaves for the day.
- Parking for the school vans/rickshaws is reserved closest to the school’s compound gate to reduce the risk of accidents when children walk out of the school to get into their respective van/rickshaw.
- No class teacher leaves until all her class children have gone home. In case a child is not picked up on time after school, the teacher will call up the parent/van-walla to know the status.
- Children are discouraged from wearing jewelry to school as it is dangerous while they are playing on the play equipment.