Thumbelina believes all children deserve a sound education to succeed in life; as such, our admission requirements strive to be open to the widest audience possible.
School Re-opening Dates & Timings
The School will re-open at 10.00am on and from 13th of June, 2022 (Monday). Until mid-July, school timings will be from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Thereafter, school timings will be from 10:00am to 1:00pm.
|Birth date range
|Children born between 01-06-2019 to 31-05-2020
|Children born between 01-06-2018 to 31-05-2019
|Children born between 01-06-2017 to 31-05-2018
Other Admission Requirements
In order to be admitted to the Kindergarten Program at Thumbelina, we do expect the child to be:
- toilet-trained; and
- capable of expressing himself/herself in English, Gujarati or Hindi.
Furthermore, the child must not be suffering from any mental or physical disabilities/impairments.
Note that admission is granted on a first-come-first-served basis, and the School management reserves the right to reject any application without the responsibility of assigning any reasons for its action.
How to Apply
- Purchase the admission papers, comprising of the Admission Form and the General Information Sheet from the School office for Rs.100/-.
- Read the General Information Sheetcarefully and thoroughly.
- Complete the Admission Form, clearly statingyour child’s food/medicinal allergies, habits and/or health disorders, if any.
- Sign the Admission Form. Note that by signing the admission form, you are promising and agreeing to abide by all the School’s procedures, rules and regulations as mentioned in the General Information Sheet.
- Staple a photocopy of your child’s birth certificate behind the completed Admission Form.
- Bring the Admission Form, photocopied birth certificate, and the original birth certificateto the admission-cum-interview. The child must be accompanied by both parents.
- Should your child be admitted, 1st term fees of 30,000/-are required to be paid by CASH/CHEQUE/NET BANKING in favour of “Thumbelina Nursery & K.G. School”. Admission is deemed to have been granted only upon payment of fees.
|1st Term Fees
(Jun’22 – Nov’22)
|2nd Term Fees
(Dec’22 – May’23)
The above mentioned fees are all inclusive EXCEPT for the cost of books, bag, school uniform and transportation charges. While 1st Term Fees are payable at the time of admission, the 2nd Term Fees are to be paid before 30-09-2022 failing which a “Late Fee” of Rs. 500/- will be payable. Fees are payable on a six-monthly basis.
Fee Refund Regulations
If for any reason(s) whatsoever, after securing admission and payment of either the first term/second term fee “in FULL”, parents desire to cancel the admission then they shall be eligible for a refund of Rs. 20,000/- provided the written intimation requesting for cancellation of the admission and the refund of fees is submitted to the school on or before 31-05-2022 for first Term’s Fees and on or before 30-11-2022 for second Term’s fees. NOTE: Parents will not be eligible for any refund of fees beyond the above mentioned dates. The above fee refund regulation are not applicable to parents who might have paid the term fees in part.
Note that in the event of cancellation of admission, fees paid are non-transferable in favour of any other student’s admission. Therefore, parents who have a transferable job or are likely to get relocated for any reason whatsoever, are advised and requested to seek admission to the school and pay the fees only after such uncertainties have been dealt with.
The School management reserves the right to refuse a student’s continuation if certain health disorders arise after admission. In such a situation, you may be eligible for a refund, as specified in the “Allergies, Habits & Health Disorders” section of the General Information Sheet.