As an institution, we are completely focused on providing a stress-free, safe, secure, loving, hygienic and comfortable environment to your children as we truly believe it is only then, that children will be encouraged and motivated to being proactive and confident to learn and interact well with each other and everyone around them.
Established in 1974, Thumbelina Nursery & K.G. School is a for-profit private kindergarten school established as a proprietorship concern by Mrs. Perin F. Lalkaka. In recognition of her valuable contribution in the field of kindergarten schooling, Eklavya Education Foundation, in the year 2009, conferred upon Mrs. Perin F. Lalkaka the “Lifetime Achievement” Award.
HEADSTART (Children 2–3 years old)
Longer working hours at the office, rise in dual-income-single-child families, rise in nuclear living (no grand-parents around), smaller living spaces are the ground realities facing most young, ambitious and hard-working parents who aspire to provide a better quality of life. Quite unfortunately and unintentionally, the greatest victim of this rat-race, is today’s CHILD – who is virtually left alone to fend for himself while being in the care of an illiterate ayah/neighbour/crèche! The HEADSTART Program, is aimed at supplementing the efforts of time challenged parents by sharing their responsibility in mentoring, nurturing and inculcating in their children, the basics of life and language skills and in creating a general awareness towards the world around them by channelizing their energies through a multitude of fun activities in the company of similar aged children in an organised, loving & safe environment.
KINDERGARTEN: “Nursery” and “Jr. K.G.” (Children 3–5 years old)
The Kindergarten Program, offers an age-appropriate curriculum that is preparatory to elementary education. Fine-tuned to cater to children who mostly come from non-English speaking backgrounds, leveraging the “Learning through Play” methodology, it aims at laying in a firm academic foundation and prepares the child to withstand the onslaught of the more regimented elementary education. Admissions to the Kindergarten Program are granted in strict adherence to the government regulations that are in force. If however, a child is observed to be a slow learner, after due deliberation with the child’s parents, he/she may be shifted to a Section which best matches with his/her learning abilities.
The Thumbelina Edge
- Stand alone Promoter managed institution i.e 100% focus
- Promoter having over 60 year’s of hands-on experience
- Highly experienced staff trained in-house (an average of more than 15 years of service)
- Experienced staff trained in-house
- Counselling to parents on admissions to full-fledged schools
- All well-known full-fledged schools welcome students of Thumbelina
- One of the most child-safe and child-centric kindergarten schools in Ahmedabad. See our wide range of child safety initiatives.
- Promoter-owned independent bungalow premises measuring 9000 sq. ft.
- 10 classrooms
- A multi-purpose hall with audio-visual equipments
- Open children’s play area measuring 5000 sq. ft.
- Fully air-conditioned school
- Fully operational Fire-safety equipment installed on school premises
- 24-Hour security guard
At Thumbelina, we offer days packed full of activities. All of our activities help the social, emotional, language and academic development of children. Kids learn best when they are having fun! We tailor our lessons to each child’s unique learning style. Whether your child is a visual, auditory, or Kinesthetic Learner, our activities will engage and inspire! Our activities include:
- Outdoor play
- Social development
- Story time
- Large and fine motor skill development
- Circle time
- Character building activities
- Unlimited vegetarian snacks served to students (Jain food too!)
- Transport facility available ONLY in certain areas from known and reliable independent transport operators.